13 November 2012

Lunch Rush (Linda Mar)

Today I observed that there is a lunch rush at Linda Mar. The lucky duckies who get to surf on their midday break were packing the peaks when I arrived, and many had cleared out by the time I left.
The waves were mostly closed out, except on the north end bordering a helpful rip current near Crespi. With the current from a fast-dropping king tide, an offshore breeze, and the lunch crowd, it was hard to stay in position, but I got a handful of rides, some decent, and my usual helping of wipeouts. I enjoyed one very nice shoulder-high left with plenty of shoulder to practice turns on Rocket. With just the sailboat-like swish of my board planing on the sea, it was quiet on the face. Too quiet; I'd gotten too far ahead of the lip and couldn't find my way back in time. As the wave went on, I dropped into calm water, smiling.

Surfline: 2-3 ft+, fair conditions. Clean, fun surf continues this afternoon with light winds and a peaky mix of WNW and SSW swell. 3-4' waves are the norm with standouts hitting the head high range on sets. Outgoing tide is helping most spots as well. Buoy 46026: (Wave) SWELL: 3.9 ft at 9.1 s W 101 / WIND WAVE: 1.0 ft at 3.1 s E / WVHT: 3.9 ft / APD: 6.9 s / MWD: 277° (Met) WSPD: 6 kn / GST: 6 kn / WVHT: 3.9 ft / DPD: 9.0 s / ATMP: 55° F / WTMP: 55° F. Tide: 4.5' falling to 2'.

No comments:

Post a Comment