14 November 2012

King Tide (Venice)

Fun short session with Luke this morning approaching a high king tide. I was pleased to make so many waves despite a strong offshore since I've had trouble with that in the past. The breeze was a bit northerly so taking off left was like a getting a garden hose to the face - the spray was blinding - so mostly I went right on Rocket. A couple of the shoulder-high+ waves offered some face, and one in particular had me zooming past Luke paddling back from the inside. Yeah!
I was so not looking at the sign when I took this! But we didn't go in the creek.
Fleeting rainbows appeared in the spray as waves crested. It was just me and my friend and a flock of birds, with not another soul in sight on the water or the beach. Can't beat starting the day like that!
Surfline: Another morning with great conditions and offshore winds. Surf pretty much remains the same as the last few days, primary WNW swell and minor SSW swell being slowed by a big mid morning high tide. Still, waist high waves are pretty common while standout spots hit the chest-shoulder high range on sets. Buoy 46026: (Wave) SWELL: 3.0 ft at 12.1 s W 102 / WIND WAVE: 2.0 ft at 3.3 s E / WVHT: 3.6 ft / APD: 5.4 s / MWD: 279° (Met) WSPD: 14 kn / GST: 16 kn / WVHT: 3.6 ft / DPD: 12.0 s / ATMP: 56° F / WTMP: 54° F. Tide: 5' rising to 6.5'.

1 comment:

  1. I think that's the best-looking A-frame I have seen up your way so far. Brilliant.

    ReplyDelete