04 November 2012

Joie de Vivre (HMB Jetty)

The pews at the Jetty were packed for Church of Surf with a few friends (Luke, Heather, Manabu and Steve) and a lot of strangers - my uncrowded midday, midweek session spoiled me - but I got a handful of fun CH-HH rights and lefts on Rocket in a short time nevertheless. Some of the waves were quite bouncy on the higher tide.
I drove home with a stoked smile and the sun on my face, warm wind in my wet hair from the open windows and sunroof, sand in my ears, and the stereo blasting good tunes: Happy!

Surfline: WNW (260-290) swell builds further and mixes with small, inconsistent SW swell with head high to overhead surf at exposed areas initially. Top breaks see larger sets. Light offshore flow early is good for smooth surface conditions, and the tide drops to a 3.59' low just before 8am. Size picks up further into the afternoon as a new, longer-period NW-WNW(290-310) groundswell shows. Buoy 46026: (Wave) SWELL: 6.2 ft at 11.4 s WNW 97 / WIND WAVE: 1.3 ft at 3.8 s W / WVHT: 6.6 ft / APD: 8.9 s / MWD: 288° (Met) WSPD: 4 kn / GST: 6 kn / WVHT: 6.6 ft / DPD: 11.0 s / ATMP: 57° F / WTMP: 58° F. Tide: Under 3.5' rising to almost 4'.

No comments:

Post a Comment