29 February 2008

Nowhere, 29 February 2008

My former surfing buddy D pointed out today that it's been 9 days since I've been surfing. I didn't realize it had been that long. And honestly, I intended to go surfing in Santa Cruz yesterday, even took my board into work where I endured the usual inane commentary ("Is that a surfboard?" No, duh. "Going surfing?" No, I just carry this around for fun. Best ever: "Looks like you're ready for a tsunami!") Then for whatever reason - laziness? lethargy? - I bailed on the idea and planned on going today instead. But again, I just didn't feel the motivation to make the hour slog south. I think I need to find another surfing buddy. They're invaluable for providing an extra nudge to get you into the water. Even from 400 miles away.

And I really, truly, will surf this weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment