01 February 2008

Cowells, 1 February 2008

Steamer Lane was firing on a big WNW swell.

I started out around the corner at Indicators, but ended up further in at Cowells after tiring of only semi-successful attempted duck-diving. The Xanadu can catch some smallish waves if they have enough power, and they did today. I spent a little while trying to figure out a good place to sit, then got lazy / aware of the oncoming shark-feeding time (a.k.a. dusk). So I figured what the heck, I'll just get the feel of the board again at least, and started catching some whitewater. In retrospect that was not such a good idea given the inherent instability of the shortboard and the bumpiness of whitewater, since my rides were quite short. If I'd been engaged in my new favorite non-surfing past time, playing Rock Band, I'd have been booed offstage. Still always a learning experience, though.

Unfortunately, despite having eaten a banana just before I went out, queasiness again cut my session short. This so totally sucks! Next I'll try M's suggestion of wearing earplugs. I picked up some ProPlugs at Hotline, hope they help. What didn't help was then ordering polenta fries and two pomegranate mimosas at the Davenport Roadhouse, ugh....

No comments:

Post a Comment