22 February 2015

San Diego GRO Skate Session #1

Deeba, Jordan, Melissa, Michele, me, V
A couple months ago, I contacted Girls Riders Organization to find out when they were going to hold a skate session in San Diego. Courtney told me none were planned and asked if I'd organize the first one. This morning was it. 
Jordan
The nine other girls ranged in age from about 3 to over 50, and it was awesome to skate with them! V gave Melissa tips on dropping in, and she nailed it for the first time ever. Jordan, V, and Deeba skated with style and inspired the rest of us. A couple of newbie women in their thirties made slow circuits, gaining confidence and speed with each lap. And the teeny little girls are going to rip someday soon.
Wish I'd started that young
I confess I hadn't skated in more than a month, but it all came back to me, like riding a bike. Stoked on those concrete waves!

3 comments:

  1. That's awesome. I wish there were this kind of event in France but I never heard about it. I'm nearly thirty and I never ride a skateboard except a little my longboard one. I a the crazy dream to learn skatebording in bowl one day...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. G, you might try contacting GRO (link in post) to see if they can help you connect with other female skaters in France. Go for your dream!

      Delete
  2. Thanks for coming out and look forward to seeing you next time!

    ReplyDelete