31 December 2010

Goodbye 2010 (HMB Jetty)

On the last day of 2010, conditions were similar to Tuesday. The session started late morning to catch the tide falling from an early high so I missed the probably pink again sunrise (another storm is on the way), but the sea was more glassy than last time, at least initially.
Mid-morning glass
A few surfers were already in the water near the Jetty, and I choose a peak farther down the beach so I wouldn't have to share. This time I was only able to link one wave into a reform, but I got a lot of little rides and a few fun drops as the tide dropped. Coming up on two hours in the water, the south wind turned on. It was a light steady breeze, enough to send me shivering in to the beach as soon as I could get a ride suitable enough to be the last of the year.

My goal for 2011: to get barreled. It's time.

Surfline: Easing short to mid period West-NW swell is good for waist-head high waves and occasional slightly larger sets at standout spots. Cleaner overall but possibly some leftover surface lump and bump for many areas. Buoy 46012: (Wave) SWELL: 6.6 ft at 12.1 s NW 98 / WIND WAVE: 1.3 ft at 3.7 s NW / WVHT: 6.6

No comments:

Post a Comment