03 December 2012

Swish (Linda Mar)

The Surfmobile is temporarily out of commission after I hit a pothole on the freeway and destroyed one of the run-flats. (I'm glad it wasn't a regular tire or it might have been a high-speed blowout instead, and that's not how I want my story to end.) With today looking like the only decent surf in a while and for a while, a short break between storms and wind, I wedged my smallest surfboard into Scott's convertible and headed to the coast.

The Jetty was brown and sloshy so I kept driving north. Perrin and I had a good mid-afternoon surf at Boatdocks. I saw her get a really sweet last ride - she was stylin'!
Surfing Nemo is such fun!
I love my little fishy.
Now without the center fin,
The rides are swishy-swishy!
Surfine: 3-5' occ. 6', fair conditions. Just a light surface crumble on long lines with some fun sections and end corners to pick off. Water quality is poor. Swell has come down to more manageable levels today as our old West swell mix fades out. Conditions have also finally improved with light winds and sunny skies. Waves are in the chest high to slightly overhead range at good spots with some double overhead range sets at standouts. Buoy 46012: (Wave) SWELL: 6.9 ft at 12.1 s WNW 109 / WIND WAVE: 1.0 ft at 3.6 s WSW / WVHT: 6.9 ft / APD: 8.0 s / MWD: 291° (Met) WSPD: 0 kn / GST: 2 kn / WVHT: 6.6 ft / DPD: 11.0 s / ATMP: 56° F / WTMP: 58° F. Tide: 4' falling to 2.5'.

No comments:

Post a Comment