05 June 2008

On Surflessness and Sharks

I was in Vegas for a long weekend (Vulcan Mind Melds kick ass!), but returned to the spring pattern of too much wind in San Mateo County and too little swell in Santa Cruz. And now it's been - OMG! more than 3 weeks since I've gotten wet, much longer since I've actually caught a ride. That sucks. This weekend promises more of the same, but I'm getting in the water, regardless.

A young guy from San Francisco was recently killed by a shark in Mexico just after he arrived on a surf trip. I didn't know him, but there's a paddle-out at Linda Mar on Monday. Sadly he bled to death, too long from medical attention to be saved. That's one scary thing about surfing in a remote location, or by myself at Montara, for that matter. But it's been so long, I'd risk it now!

No comments:

Post a Comment