17 June 2008

HMB @ Jetty, 17 June 2008

After months of trying to get our schedules to mesh, MC and I finally got together for dawn patrol at the Jetty. And for sure it was one of those times when I needed the thought of a surfing buddy waiting for me to get me out of bed. One of our cats is deeply into one of his nocturnal yowling phases, and I haven't had a good night's sleep in days. (If anyone has humane suggestions for getting a cat to be quiet at 3 am, please share.) So but for MC, I probably would've slept in a little and gone swimming instead. Glad I didn't.

It's always good to get out, but frankly this morning was mostly duck-diving practice. Fortunately the water isn't quite as cold as last week, and of course I do need the practice. I've been getting sloppy, bad form with my leg slipping off the board, so I made a point to really concentrate on what I needed to do. After a couple fairly decent duck dives, I guess I was getting a little overconfident, which is exactly when the ocean chooses to remind you not to be. OK, so I'll just stay humble and keep practicing.

There weren't many people out, but the waves were mixed up and inconsistent. I saw MT in the parking lot and once in the water as he wooshed by on a wave. Maybe one day I'll be that good.

No comments:

Post a Comment