04 May 2008

Family Comes First

I woke up just before dawn today, early for a weekend, because I was excited to head to Santa Cruz for an early morning session ahead of most of the throng and the midday high tide. But it was not to be. Chrissie, the youngest of our three cats, was spending an inordinate amount of time in the litter box, a clear sign she has a bladder infection. Having suffered that affliction myself, I knew making her wait for medical attention until we got back from the beach would be cruel. So instead we headed to a long wait at the vet's office. Sometimes family just has to come first.

This is going to be a crazy-busy week at work, and at the moment I can't see a way to fit in a workday session. But I'm stressed and badly in need of the re-balancing surfing provides, so I'll try to figure out a way to do it, somehow.

No comments:

Post a Comment