18 November 2010

A Couple of Coffeys in the Morning (HMB Jetty)

Luke found his narrower and thinner Coffey (left) on Craigslist around the time I ordered mine.
Quite a difference in climate from my surf sessions last week in Hawaii. It was only 48 degrees at the beach, with the water slightly warmer than the air, and darn it, I forgot my gloves. Just after I paddled out with Luke in the growing daylight, I rode a sweet long right on my new board. J-Bird and Jacob soon joined us, and waves were caught by all, with Luke even seeing the inside of the green room from a low crouch. The tide was quite high, making for a bounce off the riprap wall that was sometimes helpful and sometimes funky. I got a passel of passable rides, but the first was the best.
Surfline: WNW groundswell holds up inconsistent waist-shoulder high+ sets at top exposed breaks. Swell is strongest in the morning but the big high tide slows many spots for the dawn patrol, best on the dropping tide through the morning. SSW swell offers occasional knee-waist-chest zone sets. Buoy 46012: (Wave) SWELL: 5.6 ft at 11.4 s NW / WIND WAVE: 1.3 ft at 4.0 s NW / WVHT: 5.9 ft / APD: 7.9 s / MWD: 309°

No comments:

Post a Comment